The Slocan Valley Community Arts Council is looking to hire a part-time contract Administrator (4-6 hours per week). Working under the direction of the SVCAC Board, the Administrator will provide administrative and clerical support with respect to projects, events and records of the SVCAC.
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 12, 2021.
The Administrator must have excellent computer skills, basic bookkeeping experience, good oral and written communication skills, be detail oriented, able to follow direction and able to meet deadlines. The successful candidate must be organized, reliable, show initiative, act with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
This position requires an individual with a minimum of 4 years’ experience and post-secondary education relating to business administration, office and clerical work (or the equivalent training combined with experience). An understanding of non-profit organizational structure and operations is beneficial. A demonstrated interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for arts and culture is an asset.
Slocan Valley Community Arts Council
Temporary Part-time Employment Contract – Administrator
Administrator duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely and report/correspond regularly with the SVCAC president.
- Manage correspondence for the Council – check post office box weekly, email account at least five times per week. Reply to and/or forward messages as appropriate
- Organize and maintain Arts Council files (electronic and paper) – create sorting and storage systems for files, consolidate files and maintain the systems.
- Manage Arts Council membership – maintain the register of members, process payments and receipts, maintain member email list and send out regular e-bulletins to the membership
- Handle day to day banking and financial entries to the financial management program
- Provide support to board meetings – book venue, present reports and record minutes
- Provide support to Arts Council events, projects and programs– create forms, process payments, distribute advertising, attend events, conduct evaluation
- Complete the required steps to assure that the Arts Council maintains its Society status
- Administration of the SVCAC Member Grants – the promotion and dissemination of grant information, the creation/distribution of approval/declination letters/contracts and final report follow-up
- Coordinate the jury process for applicants to CKCA funding
Start date May 3, 2020 with a 6-month contract to start with possibility to renew, subject to funding. SVCAC will conduct reviews of the position and the contract every 6 months.
Tools and Location
The successful candidate will be expected to work from a home-based office and access to a printer would be an asset.
Compensation for this position is $20 – $23 per hour based on experience.
Compensation is based on an estimate of 4-6 hours per week and will be paid monthly. Hours may be increased at certain times within the contract period on approval of the board (for special events, grant coordination and programming)
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org